Internet Download Manager is a well-known application for working on the increase of your internet speed. The manufacturers of the application claim that this tool can increase your internet speed up to 5 times. However, in case you still need to work a lot faster and require the download rate to be more than 5 times, then you will have to make a few alterations in the settings of the software. Not every user is well aware of these settings, so here we are to guide you to the changes so you can enhance your internet data transfer.
Guide to Install: How to Install Internet Download Manager Properly
Ways to increase speed of IDM
There are two definite ways of increasing internet speed in IDM. Let us have a look at both of them, so you can choose as per your usability and ease.
- Increase speed by changing the settings
Here is a step to step guide to change the settings and enjoy even better speed than 5 times.
- Open Internet Download Manager and click on Connections in the Options tab.
- In the Connections tab select Connection Type or Speed. You will see three options:
- Low speed for ISDN, Bluetooth, IrDA, Mobile Edge and Dial-Up Modem
- Medium speed for DSL, ADSL, Wi-Fi, and Mobile 3G
- High speed for Direct connection, Mobile 4G, and Wi-Fi.
- Choose High-speed direct connection. In the same tab, you will see the option for connection number.
- The default is set to 8, take it to 16 and click Ok.
- To turn off the Speed Limiter, click on the Speed Limit and check Turn Off.
- In the Download tab, delete all the completed tasks to free up space.
Another small tip to add here is scheduling the downloads and try scheduling the bigger files at night time. It is a small trick but it helps a lot and you can download more data in less time.
- Increase speed by using IDM Optimizer
IDM Optimizer is third party software than boosts IDM download speed. It is usually referred to as IDM speed booster. You can find it at any authentic software website and download it on your system to make it work for you. Here are the steps to make it work:
- Download IDM Optimizer
- Run the exe. File
- You will see a button Maximize now, click on it.
- Once you have clicked on the button you will be asked to restart your IDM software to apply and save the changes.
- After a successful restart, IDM Optimizer trick will be done.
- You can try on any file and check the changes in the downloading speed.
Experts say that downloading too many files at the same time can also affect the speed, as the bandwidth is divided among all the files and none of them gets the required percentage. So, avoid downloading more than 3 files at the same time; given that all 3 of them are important. Otherwise scheduling the downloads is the best option. IDM is a great tool to download your files real fast. However, some people find it expensive, but professionals have agreed with the price because it is totally worth it.